Tuesday, July 10, 2012

THE MUSIC OF YOUR LIFE




Oh my that could sound very corny. But before you jump to a big judgement, think about the different rhythms and sounds that accompany your life.

I thought today about the fact that our house is now quiet, apart from meowing cats and our dog chasing birds in the garden, not much disturbs the quiet in our home. Yes a teenage son and his mother (me) can become a little heated occasionally but in general its quiet. In fact quite contemplative. I have to admit that I chant and play Indian chants often to clear the house, clean the energy and generally uplift the energy to a higher vibration. And there can be contemporary music or classical music playing, but the ambient sounds of this house are very gentle. Yes the refrigerator beeps, as does the washing machine, and the outside refrigerator, the iron and that together with the cats is the most noise that we encounter. It is a good reminder to me that without electricity it would be dead quiet. Laughter is also an infectious sound that brings the whole house to life in a most conscious and delicious way. Don't you agree?

The quiet creates a space, space to think and allow new ideas and thoughts to occur to us. It allows me to quiet my mind, restore calm, and sink deeper into a more observational state than being fully in everything. It feels good and now I have come to really appreciate this about my life. I hear birds, watch flowers growing, and listen to the sounds of life around me. Like an observer, and yet still living it.

There was a time of course when the music of my life was very different. It was full of dense noise, very dramatic words, dramatic gestures and loud exclamations and pronunciations, coupled with loud rock music, (which was sometimes fun), screaming children, many events and a crowded mind full of many and varied thoughts constantly vying for my attention. Gosh it was full on. I was always tired, always exhausted, I often exclaimed that I could not cope and how would I ever get through it all.  But we do, thank goodness.

I think that small children bring a lot of noise, some of it not to be missed although I watched my daughter suffering last week as both her small children, aged two and a half and four months screamed non stop in her ears for a whole day. Wow, I remember that and I remember how exhausting that was.

How my life has changed. Changing my symphony has taken a lot of attention.  Firstly my thoughts have had a radical clean out, an upgrade and generally a little control now around what I will allow my mind to think about. I am more willing to hold onto peace,  and not allow my mind and my thoughts to run away with me. You know what I mean. Its like picking a scab on your leg. You start with one thought - a little worry, and before you know it the music has become so obsessive and frenetic, like an out of control violin,  that no longer is there any room for a big long lustrous key change, and you end up with a big open wound.

How do you control your mind and create an environment that allows you to breathe. That allows you to take a breath and hear the songs of the Angels. Even with the babies screaming, is there some time and space for the whisperings of your soul. The gentle breeze through the trees and the sound of the wind around the house.

When it was still full on, (my life),  and when I was still in the major part of renovating my symphony, (my mind),  I would, and still do,  chant beautiful sanscrit words that would change the way I was feeling and change the way my body was vibrating. You know that we are made up of compressed energy, and so to use sound to move through this energy creates a different vibration.  I know that it sounds a little strange, but truly these words, the sanscrit ones have been used for thousands of years and have such a deep level of consciousness within them that they help to clean and purify your body, your mind and a whole lot more.

I have to admit that in the beginning I would long for more words, a different verse, something in fact for my mind to relate to, work with I think is what it wanted. However I persisted and what happened to my great surprise was that I began to love the chanting. Fancy that!!  I was shocked and surprised to find that I would feel my heart open, my mind clear and my spirits soar. It takes a little while, say twenty minutes to really feel any effect.

I believe that some people love chanting, right from the beginning,  but I have to admit I really didn't. I just put up with it. Like medicine. But slowly the medicine began to work. Yes, more and more, until now I have to tell you that I crave the medicine and the opportunity to chant.

So I am asking you to find some new ways to create space in your life, in your mind, so that the whisperings of your soul can begin to filter through and that you are able to hear them.

You see my ulterior motive is that I know who you are. And I am hoping that you will begin to hear your soul talking to you, giving you hints, creating great surprises and memories for you to experience that will help you to understand and see who you truly are.

I am asking you to listen to a different tune, and to tune into a different sound.
Hear your life like a symphony,  listen deeply to what is around you, your own voice, the voices of others, the music of your life.

And then how do you sweeten its sound, and how do you make room and space to hear the magic and mystery of the other. Listen Angels . . .

I dare you,

love again
anandanetti


No comments:

Post a Comment